Simple and easy homemade pizza recipe than can be easily adapted with your favourite toppings. Make your own dough, it’s easy, tastes better and the recipe is here: Pizza Dough Recipe
1 lb pizza dough
2 large ripe tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup basil, chopped
8 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
4 oz parmesan cheese, thinly sliced (optional)
salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 550°F or as hot as possible and place a pizza baking stone in the oven while it heats.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and remove the stem.
- Squeeze the wedges over a bowl to remove excess juice and seeds.
- Using a food processor add the tomatoes, garlic and half of the basil and process until the tomatoes turn into a sauce. Set aside
- Divide the pizza dough in half and place on parchment paper.
- Using your hand or a baking roller work the dough on the parchment paper to create two 10” round pizzas
- Spread a light layer of the sauce over one of the pizza rounds and top with half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the pizzas to the preheated baking stone
- Bake for 5 minutes the gently slide parchment paper away from under the pizza allowing pizza to cook remaining time directly on stone.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the crust is brown and toppings bubbling.
- Remove from oven and top with half of the remaining fresh basil
- Top and bake the second pizza.
Add any of your favourite toppings.