Almond & Port Biscotti
Amazingly delicious Almond & Port Biscottis. Excellent with your morning coffee or following a delicious meal with friends.
115g almonds, raw, no skin
2 egg yolks
2-3 oz Porto (or Cognac or Ouzo)
4 cloves, crushed (or 1/4+ tsp ground cloves)
- Preheat oven to approximately 350F.
- Using a food processor crush almonds. Do not over crush
- Using some of the butter saute crushed almonds in a frying pan until brown
- Set aside or place on large pan to cool
- Place remaining butter in food processor and add egg yolks and blend
- Add Port and sugar to the food processor and blend well
- Place flour, almonds and cloves in a large bowl and mix together
- Pour mixture from food processor to flour mixture and using your hands combine the mixture. Add more sugar and almonds if you wish to your own taste
- Continue to mix until not too wet (add more flour as required)
- Measure tablespoon sized balls and flatten. Smaller portions as desired based on preference
- Place on baking tray (un-greased)
- Place in oven and bake 8-10 minutes until slightly brown on the bottom. Turn and continue to bake another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and cool
- Using the food processor blend plenty (2-3 cups) of refined sugar to refine further. Do not using icing sugar. This sugar will be used to coat and cover the biscottis
- In a bowl place a small amount of Porto (or Cognac or Ouzo)
- Dip the baked biscottis in the Port on both sides and place on sugar covered plate
- Cover one layer of biscottis with sugar and continue to layer and cover with sugar