An excellent, easy and tasty meal made with coconut milk, curry and served with fresh mango cubes.
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 Onions, halved and sliced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp Curry powder
1 Large red chili, sliced, including seeds
400 ml Coconut milk, light
700 ml Chicken stock
350 g Basmati rice
1 Medium mango, peeled and cubed
600 ml chicken stock
Handful almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked. Do not brown.
- Remove from pan and place in an ovenproof dish with a lid.
- Add onions to pan and fry in the remaining oil for approximately 5 minutes until soft. Do not brown.
- Add garlic and curry powder and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions, garlic and curry powder to the chicken in the ovenproof dish.
- Add chili, coconut milk and chicken stock and stir well.
- Cover and place in oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour stir in rice and cover and return to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fluff rice.
- Serve and top with mango cubes and sprinkle with coriander and almond flakes.