Banana Nut Bread
Simple, easy and delicious banana bread. Perfect even if the bananas are not very ripe. Go ahead, treat yourself.
1 ¼ cups All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
2 Eggs, large at room temperature
½ tsp Vanilla extract
1 Stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup Sugar
3 Ripe bananas mashed well
½ cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda and set aside
- Whisk eggs and vanilla and set aside
- In a larger bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Gradually pour egg mixture into the butter continuing to mix well
- Add bananas and continue to mix well
- Using a spatula blend in the flour and mix well
- Add walnuts
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes (based on your oven)
- Bread will be baked when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan
Be sure to have all ingredients at room temperature.