Lemon Biscotti with Pine Nuts
Delicious biscotti made with refreshing fresh lemon and the soft crunch of pine nuts. Who knew biscotti was so easy to make?
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
+1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla (or seeds from fresh vanilla pod)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, zested (2 solid teaspoons)
1/2 cup pine nuts (or chopped almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt
- Using a larger bowl add eggs, additional egg yolk and sugar and whisk until creamy
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and continue to whisk a few more minutes
- Gradually add dry ingredients and pine nuts and mix in well
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using flour on your hands pour mixture onto line baking sheet and form a long strip of dough that is approximately 12'' long by 3"-4" wide
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and starting to dry
- Remove from oven
- Reduce oven to 275F
- After 5 minutes (biscotti is cool to touch), cut the biscotti across every 1"
- Place biscottis cut side down on the baking sheet
- Place biscottis back in the oven and continue to back another 15 minutes until dry and toasted
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Enjoy with your favourite coffee!
For smaller individual sizes measure out 1 tablespoon portions and flatten onto the parchment paper. If baking individual portions the second baking is not required.