Honey Crisp Apple Cake
Delicious Honey Crisp Apple Cake made from fresh apples from an area apple orchard
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more softened butter for oven dish
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into small cubes (about 2¾ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, rack in centre.
- Butter a baking dish, 8 x 11 inches.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add walnuts and apples, and stir.
- Add flour mixture and stir.
- Spread batter in oven dish and bake about 40 minutes, until golden brown and slightly firm.
- Let cool before cutting.
You already rated for this recipe.