This Chicken Souvlaki recipe is a flavourful, fresh tasting and the perfect dish for a Greek meal and entertaining.
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh savory, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes or strips and set aside
- In a bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well
- Add chicken to the marinade, blend well, cover and refrigerate for a few hours (minimum 2 hours)
- Skewer chicken onto wooden skewers, about 3-4 pieces per skewer.
- BBQ on high for approximately 6-8 minutes turning periodically
- Serve with options such as Greek potatoes, Greek Style Rice and Spinach and Zucchini Keftedes
Before preparing skewers soak wooden skewers in water for approximately 1 hour. This will prevent skewers from burning on the grill.