Chicken Scalloppine with Marsala Cream Sauce
A healthy dish with a sophisticated cream sauce that is quick and easy that tastes much more complicated. It will certainly please everyone.
2 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
3 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp low-fat butter spread (or canola oil)
1/3+ cup marsala wine (can substitute with port or sherry)
1/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
1/4 cup sour cream, low-fat
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Slice the chicken breasts in half flat side down and lengthwise to create thin cutlets.
- Combine flour, thyme, rosemary and pepper and place on a plate
- Press chicken cutlets into flour until well coated
- Using a large skillet heat butter spread (or oil) on medium heat
- Add chicken cutlets and gently cook both sides until cooked through
- Remove from pan and place on a oven proof dish in a warm oven, gently covered with foil
- Pour off any excess oil from the skillet
- Heat skillet on medium high and add Marsala wine and gently boil for 30 seconds
- In a small bowl cornstarch, sour cream, yogurt and mustard.
- Add to chicken stock and cornstarch mixture to Marsala wine stirring for a few minutes until sauce has thickened
- Remove chicken from oven and plate with your favourite vegetables
- Spoon sauce over chicken
- Serve and enjoy!