Shrimp Fried Rice
Excellent Shrimp Fried Rice to accompany your favourite Asian dishes.
3 tbsp canola oil
4 cups rice, cooked and chilled
2 cups baby shrimp, thawed
3/4 cups frozen peas
3 green onions thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sugar
white pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the rice and 1 tbsp canola oil.
- Mix oil well into the rice trying to separate the rice as much as possible so that there are no lumps of rice and set aside
- In a second bowl create the stir-fry sauce by addyy the oyster sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce lime juice, sugar, cayenne pepper and white pepper and stir well
- Using a large wok heat 2 tbsp of canola oil over medium/high
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Careful not to burn the garlic as it will become bitter
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry another 3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked. Remove from wok and set aside
- Crack the egg into the wok and quickly stir-fry to scramble
- Return shrimp adding rice, peas mixing together
- Add the stir-fry sauce and turn heat higher and quickly mix well together (stir-fry). Continue to stir-fry until everything is well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- Add the spring onion and red chili and continue to stir-frying another minute.
- Serve with your favourite dish
Leftover rice is the best and used for stir-frying the next day.