Who would have thought clam chowder could be so easy to make and so delicious. Will never buy store bought cans again!
3 x 6.5 oz cans of clams
1 onion (medium/large) for one cup diced
2 celery stalks diced for one cup
2 carrots diced for one cup
2 potatoes diced into cubes (for one cup)
3/4 cup butter
5 Tbsps flour
2 cups cooking cream or half & half
3 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet placed onions, carrots, celery and potatoes
- Drain juice from the clams and pour over vegetables
- Add enough water to cover vegetables
- Cook over medium until tender
- While vegetables are cooking melt butter in a large heavy saucepan or pot on medium heat
- When butter is melted whisk in the flour until you have a smooth rue
- Add cream and milk and whisk / stir continuously until thickened
- Stir in vegetables and juice into the creamy mixture
- Once vegetables are heated through add clams, salt & pepper and heat through
- Serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!.
You already rated for this recipe.