I would consider this the best potato salad ever!
2 lbs small red potatoes (baby potatoes)
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 green onions, chopped
4 to 5 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water and cook for approximately about 20 minutes (al dente)
- Cool under cold running water and drain well.
- Cut into halves or quarters. Let cool and set aside
- In a double boiler, beat the egg yolk and vinegar until creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and while whisking, drizzle in the butter.
- Add the sugar and salt.
- Combine and set aside at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, green onions, celery, and potatoes.
- In another bowl, whip the cream.
- Fold gently into the cooled egg and vinegar sauce
- Add to the potatoes and blend
- Season with salt and pepper
- Enjoy !