Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Restaurant quality Spaghetti Aglio E Olio! Versatile to add shrimp or vegetables or whatever are your favorites.
10 oz Dried spaghetti
1/3 cup Olive oil – good quality
5 Large cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
½ cup Fresh chopped parsley
1 cup Fresh grated parmesan
- Cook pasta according to directions on package
- While pasta is cooking heat olive oil over medium heat in a pot large enough to mix the pasta
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook for a few more seconds
- Drain pasta however before draining the pasta remove 1 ½ cups of the water from the pasta and to the oil and garlic bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add t 1 tsp salt and simmer for approximately 5 minutes until liquid is reduced about a third.
- Add drained pasta to the garlic sauce and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add parsley and Parmesan cheese and again toss well.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan flakes and fresh parsley