Chicken Enchiladas with Black Beans and Red Mole Sauce
Delicious chicken enchiladas with a wonderful red mole sauce. Mole sauce gives a nice extra bite of heat. Very easy and tasty! Wish I had experimented with mole sauce sooner.
3/4 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2)
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 cups red mole sauce
1 Red pepper, diced
1 tsp cumin (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
3 green onions, diced (1/2 cup)
1 ½ cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
1 can black beans (16 ounces)
8 Mexican corn tortillas (small-medium)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice chicken into strips
- Saute chicken and garlic in 2 tbsp oil until chicken is nicely cooked, do not over cooked or brown
- Add 1 cup red mole sauce, black beans, red pepper, cumin, cinnamon and salt
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes or until thick
- Add green onions
- In each tortilla add chicken mixture and sprinkle with small amount of Monterey cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla and place in baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup mole sauce
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is nicely melted
- Enjoy with your favorite Mexican rice!