Traditional Welsh Cakes handed down through the family for many generations. Welsh Cakes are cooked on the stove using a heavy skillet. They are unique and are somewhat between a scone and a cookie.
3 cups Flour
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Mixed Spice or Nutmeg
2 cups Sultana raisins
3 tsp Baking powder
2-4 tbsp Water
- Combine flour, sugar, nutmeg, baking powder and sultanas
- Add eggs and butter and mix well using your hands
- Add 2 tbsp of water to create a dough. If required add a little more water
- Roll out dough to approximately 1/4" thickness
- Using a cutter cut dough to create rounds
- Heat a heavy skillet on low
- Place rounds on skillet and bake for 4-5 minutes each side. Careful that skillet is not too hot or the Welsh Cakes will burn on the outside and not cook on the inside.
- Serve warm and enjoy! They are still amazing cold.
You already rated for this recipe.