Thin Crust Pizza Dough
A simple thin crust pizza dough. You will never need to buy from the store again.
3/4 cup warm water (lukewarm)
1 tsp instant yeast (bread machine yeast)
10 oz all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Place the dough out onto a clean work surface along with any loose flour
- Knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes until all the flour is blended well. The dough should be smooth and elastic and still feel moist and slightly tacky.
- Place in a bowl and cover while you prepare toppings. See tip below.
- Divide the pizza dough in half and place on parchment paper.
- Using your hand or a baking roller work the dough on the parchment paper to create two 10” round pizzas
- Add your favourite toppings
- Transfer the pizzas to the preheated baking stone
- Bake for 5 minutes the gently slide parchment paper away from under the pizza allowing pizza to cook remaining time directly on stone.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until the crust is brown and toppings bubbling.
Let dough rise for about 1 ½ hours if time permits. Dough will have doubled in size.