Thai Chicken Vegetable Stir-Fry
Thai Chicken stir fry with peanuts is amazing and tasty. Serve with rice noodles or basmati rice.
2 chicken breasts
1 can light coconut milk
2 cloves minced garlic
½ tsp lemon rind (grated finely) – (more if you like)
½ tsp lime rind (grated finely) – (more if you like)
2 cups asparagus tips
1 cup mushrooms
1 small red bell pepper
3 small head bok choy, stems sliced, leaves left whole
1/2 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Small bunch of fresh basil (or lots if you like basil)
- Cut chicken into cubes and brown in frying pan
- In a food processor, combine coconut milk, garlic, lemon and lime rind.
- Pulse to process until blended well.
- Move to a large pan or pot and place over medium-high heat and cook stirring for one minute
- Add cooked chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, bell pepper, bok choy, peanuts and red pepper flakes and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice and basil
- Simmer stirring constantly for 5 minutes
- Serve immediately over thin rice noodles (or rice - preferred) ….. Can also be prepared with shrimp (or both).