This is an excellent cheesy Macaroni & Cheese that is so easy to prepare. Never buy packaged again. Lots of cheese and sauce baked brown.
8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sharp is best!)
1 cup Swiss cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups milk
¼ cup butter
2 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux
- Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly so that it does not get lumpy.
- Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Place macaroni in large casserole dish (2L), and pour sauce over macaroni and stir well.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 30-40 minutes and nicely browned.