Linguini with Shrimp and Lemon Oil
A light and refreshing pasta dish. Ideal for those hot summer evenings served with a nicely chilled white wine.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, grated for zest
1/2 lb linguine or fettuccini pasta
1 tbsp oilive oil
1 shallot (or 2 green onions if preferred)
1 garlic clove, minced
8 oz frozen shrimp, thawed with shell and tails removed
1/2 lemon, grated for zest
1 juice of full lemon
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 oz arugula
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the olive oil and the lemon zest in a small bowl or cup and set aside. If possible prepare an hour in advance to allow lemon and oil to absorb
- Prepare your favorite pasta to be ready in 10 minutes to be integrated with other cooked ingredients
- Using a large heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots (or green onions) and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to combine and turn off heat
- Add arugula
- Using a mesh sieve, strain the lemon zest from the lemon olive oil and add the oil to the pasta
- If required add some of the pasta cooking water to desired consistency.
- Add chopped parsley to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve while hot
Prepare all ingredients beforehand as you will need them quickly at the end.