Beef & Guinness Stew
Excellent for fall and winter!
2 large onions, diced
1 a couple sprigs fresh thyme
1 crushed garlic clove
1 Olive oil
2 lbs stewing beef/steak, cut into chunks
6 tbsp all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 can of Guinness
1 cu beef stock
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Cook the onions, thyme and garlic with a little olive oil in a large pan until the onion is cooked, not browned
- Remove from pan and place in casserole dish.
- In a clear plastic bag add flour and beef and toss well to be sure all beef pieces are coated evenly in flour
- Brown beef in the skillet with a little oil.
- Once beef is browned add to the casserole dish with onion mixture and pour in the Guinness.
- Add beef stock to cover mixture
- Cover and simmer in oven for approximately 2 hours until meat is tender
Serve with your choice of vegetables and fresh bread