Mum’s Meat Pie
This is one of my favorite meat pies that mum cooked. Simple easy and delicious
500 g lean stewing beef/steak
1 kidney (optional)
1 onion chopped finely
2 beef oxo cubes (or similar)
Small amount gravy thickening (ie Bisto)
Salt & Pepper
- Trim fat from stewing meat and dice into small pieces
- Lightly roll meat in salt, pepper and flour
- In baking dish add meat, gravy thickening, oxo beef cubes and just cover with water and stir
- Bake in oven at 300F for approximately 2 hours. Test meat to see if cooked but don’t overcook as the meat will toughen
- Place a pastry shell on top and bake until browned according to pie shell directions
- Excellent home cooked meat pie passed down through the family
Excellent served with boiled potatoes and green beans!
You already rated for this recipe.