Try this fantastically quick and easy recipe for Mango Sorbet that is sweet, rich and tart! Can be made with or without an ice cream maker.
2 mangos, large and ripe
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to boil to allow sugar to melt and blend in
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Peel mangos cut mango fruit into pieces.
- Place mango pieces and lime juice in a food processor
- Blend well until the mixture is well pureed and there are no lumps.
- Place mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour
- Using an ice cream maker(see tips if not available) add mixture to the machine and start the ice cream maker until the sorbet has reached a firm consistency
- Serve immediately or place in plastic bowl and place in freezer until ready
If you do not have an ice cream maker.
- Place mixture in a plastic bowl with a tight lid and place in freezer
- Approximately every 30 minutes remove from freezer and scrape the frozen mixture from the sides and mix with remaining mixture
- Repeat the same process every 30 minutes for 4 hours