Homemade Fresh Pasta
A simple recipe for fresh pasta using flour and semolina. You will find that the best pasta uses semolina to achieve the best consistency.
2 cups semolina flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch salt
- In a bowl blend together the flour, semolina and salt
- Using a clean surface or wood board pour mixture on surface to create a mound.
- In the mound create a well or crater
- Add eggs to mixture and add olive oil
- Using a fork gently mix the flour mixture into the egg
- Continue until mixture is thick and then start using your hands
- Continue to knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is nice and smooth
- Create a ball of dough and wrap with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes (or more)
- After 30 minutes cut dough in half and place on a lightly floured surface
- Using a rolling pin roll out until it will be suitable for the pasta machine
- Using the largest setting run dough through the machine
- Fold dough and run through again on opposite angle
- Repeat this 7 times
- Gradually reduce the setting to a thinner setting and run dough through machine until you have the desired thickness
- Prepare your favorite pasta along with filling etc
- Cook pasta for approximately 4-5 minutes
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce!