Crumpet recipes are so simple and easy that you will never buy store-bought again!
Crumpet rings are best for making these delicious crumpets.
1 tsp Yeast (instant/quick rise)
1 tbsp Warm water for yeast mixture
1 cup Flour - white all purpose
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp Warm water for flour mixture
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
- Desolve yeast with 1 tbsp warm water in a small bowl and set aside
- Combine flour, water, and salt in a bowl and whisk for at least 2 minutes. Electric blender works well too.
- Add yeast mixture, sugar, and baking powder and whisk for another minute
- Cover with cling wrap and place in a warm place for 30 minutes. The surface will be foamy when ready.
- Using a skillet, electric works best, grease well with butter and preheat to medium/high
- Grease crumpet rings with butter
- When the skillet is hot place crumpet rings on the skillet and add 1/2 cup of crumpet batter to each ring
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes until bubbles start to pop and edges are cooked
- Gently remove the rings and continue to cook for another minute or so until brown underneath.
- If some bubbles have not popped you can use a toothpick to pop the bubbles
- Flip crumpets over and continue to bake for a couple of minutes until nice and golden to your liking
- Remove from skillet
- Crumpets are ready to be served either hot from the skillet or cold with butter and your favourite preserves.
- These crumpets are even more delicious the next day toasted!
You already rated for this recipe.