Chicken Mango Curry
Another amazingly simple delicious curry. The combination of mango and coconut milk and the heat from the spices will be sure to please everyone who thought you had been cooking all day.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1-2 red hot chilies, finely diced
2 tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cubed and stripped
1 tbsp curry powder
2 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 - 1 1/2 mango, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 cups light coconut milk (1 can)
2 tbsp tomato paste
- Saute chicken in 1 tbsp of canola oil until cooked through but moist. Do not overcook. Once cooked remove from skillet and set aside
- In the same skillet, saute onion, chili and red pepper in 1 tbsp oil for 5 minutes
- Return the chicken and add curry, ginger, garlic, salt and cayenne. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add mango, coconut milk and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover to simmer for about 30 minutes allowing all spices to blend together. Serve with rice if desired.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan
Allow the time to simmer and let the flavor and spices blend together. When cooking with spices always best to let the dish simmer for a while on a low heat.